Publisher Play on Worlds and developer Orbit Studio have announced a release date for Ebenezer and the Invisible World, their new A Christmas Carol-themeed metroidvania game.
Ebenezer and the Invisible World is launching on November 3rd across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Join Ebenezer Scrooge and a team of spectral allies as they battle to save London from the clutches of the wealthy industrialist, Caspar Malthus, and his militant Private Guard.
With each Ghost lending their unique abilities, explore the dark corners of London and uncover the sinister influence of the Dark Spirit and an army of Unrepentant Ghosts. Will you have the courage to confront Caspar and stop his malevolent plans before it is too late?
- Meet and unlock powerful Ghosts, each with their own stories and quests to complete, lending their powers to Ebenezer on this adventure.
- Explore Victorian-era London across multiple regions of the city and uncover the dark secrets of the Malthus family.
- Traverse the world in extraordinary ways with the help of Movement Ghosts, including trapeze artists Rose and Flossie Reed, mountaineer Victoria Peak, professor of time and space Haley Hall, and many others.
- Use each Ghost’s special ability to explore the world while fighting a legion of Unrepentant Ghosts who have descended upon London since the return of the Dark Spirit.
- Enjoy the narrative through dialogues and in-game cutscenes and learn the tragic backstories of Ghosts now tethered to the mortal world.
- Learn and master an intricate map in a classic non-linear, ability gated, Metroidvania.
- Collect limited materials such as Ether, Iron, and Mugwort to unlock new items and abilities.
- Discover secret areas and rare materials.
- All art is hand-drawn featuring frame-by-frame coloring and animations.