Electronic Arts has announced EA Sports UFC 5, the latest in their ongoing fighting series.
EA Sports UFC 5 is launching on October 27th for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, and the Deluxe Edition will get you early access on October 24th.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
EA SPORTS™ UFC® 5 is as real as it gets. Powered by Frostbite™ engine’s advanced rendering capabilities, fighters now have unparalleled character likenesses to complement next-level environment fidelity. The all-new Real Impact System brings the intensity and strategy of a fight to life, as cuts and strikes absorbed can affect mobility, defense, stamina and more. Take too much damage, and all new Doctor’s Checks and Stoppages are now featured, replicating the realism of potential fight progressions with true-to-sport strategic considerations. Seamless Submissions makes grappling feel more fluid and realistic than ever before. New Cinematic K.O. Replays capture your fight-ending finishes in all their punishing glory. UFC 5 updates with fresh new Fight Week content, features, and challenges every single month around real-world UFC events. Plus, Alter Egos are all new versions of top fighters which capture authentic career-defining moments and provide alternative looks and associated abilities.
- REAL IMPACT SYSTEM – Cuts, bruising, and swelling accumulate in accurate locations based on the damage you inflict and take in-game, including over 64,000 possible combinations of facial damage a fighter can sustain. Causing a cut near an opponent’s eye can impair their vision and cause them to take more damage on that side, as they don’t see subsequent strikes as well. Bust an opponent’s nose to potentially hinder their breathing and slow their stamina recovery. Take too many low calf kicks and your character may start to limp with related mobility decline. Authentic damage adds a whole new layer of strategic possibilities to the fight.
- DOCTOR’S CHECKS & STOPPAGES – If a player sustains a significant injury the ref can now step in, pause the action and summon the ringside doctor to inspect the damage. If the player is unable to shift tactics and protect the injured area from future damage, the doctor might stop the fight. This gives players more strategic opportunities to gain result-influencing advantageous as one thrives and survives.
- NEW STRIKES & HIT REACTIONS – UFC 5 features all-new animations for ground and pound elbows, spinning attacks, and a variety of other punches, kicks, knees and elbows. New striking animations emulate heavy hitters, professional kickboxers and more, giving you all new ways to stand and bang. In addition, new hit reaction animations and physics make sure you feel the impact of a clean connection.
- SEAMLESS SUBMISSIONS – The new Seamless Submissions functions as a revamped extension of the existing grappling systems with faster animations and the removal of mini-games. Beginners can use Grapple Assist for help on the canvas, while veterans will have new depths to uncover and enjoy.
- FROSTBITE ENGINE – For the first time in franchise history, the Frostbite engine powers EA SPORTS UFC. The leap to Frostbite unlocks enhanced MMA realism with high-speed 60 frames-per-second rendering maximizing gameplay fidelity and feel.
- CINEMATIC K.O. REPLAY – Harnessing the power of Frostbite, players can now rewatch their finishing blows in stunning clarity. Captured in super slow motion with cinematic camera angles and lighting, the impact of fight-ending shots increases authenticity as well as the entertainment spectacle.
- ADVANCED FIGHTER LIKENESS – Powered by Frostbite and a significant upgrade to lighting and rendering features (including dual-lobe skin and eye shading, strand-based hair, updated fighter body types and industry-leading facial animation technology) fighter likenesses accutetly represents their real-life counterparts.
- VISUAL EFFECTS – Improved fidelity means when fighters absorb strikes, the results show on their face and body in an authentic, wince-inducing fashion. Plus, all new fluid physics and particle systems make blood and sweat drip and spray as it does during the heat of the action in the Octagon.
- NEW IN-GAME CINEMATICS – Frostbite powers brand-new cinematic moments where attention to detail and fighter fidelity make you feel like you’re in the arena for a sold-out UFC PPV. From the roar of the crowd to Bruce Buffer’s iconic introductions, new in-game cinematics bring a whole new level of excitement, authenticity and immersion to UFC 5.
- FIGHT WEEK CHALLENGES – In the week leading up to and after all the biggest UFC events, players will have access to limited-time Fight Week Challenges. These challenges give players the opportunity to unlock rewards inspired by those events, including new Alter Egos, created fighter Vanity Items, player profile customization assets and fighter emotes.
- FIGHT PICKS – Now available before real-world UFC events, players can make predictions for the main card of every PPV. Players are automatically seeded into Fight Picks leaderboard pools after making their picks, with custom friend leaderboards also accessible. Following the event, top-ranking players on the leaderboard will earn UFC Coins.
- FIGHT WEEK CONTRACTS – Fight Week Contracts give players a daily fight offer where they can take on AI opponents under preset gameplay settings. Players can earn in-game currency by showing up and winning, while the difficulty of the contracts increases over the course of the week. The player’s cumulative wins, losses and finishes are tracked in the Contracts tab.
- ALTER EGOS – Alter Egos lets you play as your favorite fighters in their authentic career-defining moments i.e., a fighter’s memorable UFC debut, when they captured the title, and more.
- PUNCH CARD – Play to earn your way through a set of predetermined rewards, including in-game currency, player profile customizations, created fighter Vanity Items and Alter Egos. In addition, completing Profile Challenges rewards players with XP that levels up their Punch Card’s earning capability.
- ONLINE CAREER MODE – Online Career includes skill-based matchmaking, division progression, and title chases across four divisions. Players can compete with a different Created Fighter in each division, allowing players to showcase multiple character customizations and Vanity Items.
- ONLINE FIGHTER EVOLUTION – Fighting in Online Career matches earns Evolution Points which can be used to improve your Created Fighter’s attributes, moves and perks. Once a player reaches the level cap for a fighter, they’ll prestige, which will reset their evolution to its starting point for a new fighter but increase the level cap; unlocking additional future moves and perks.
- CAREER MODE – Valentina Shevchenko will welcome the player and Coach Davis to a training camp that will introduce players to the UFC Performance Institute, which is being included in UFC 5 for the first time also. As inferred, Coach Davis returns to be your main guide through the player’s UFC career with new cinematics, new locations, and a refined focus on onboarding. An upgrade to training camps lets players simulate their training camp and sparring drills to reach peak fitness and get to the fights faster. Plus, sparring sessions will include Challenge Packs, which earn players a grade based on the number of challenges completed.