Steel Mantis and Big Sugar released a new trailer for their upcoming heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer, Valfaris.
In addition to the new trailer above, the developers showed off a prop of the Bringer of Mayhem, one of the game’s over-the-top sci-fi weapons.
Players can also sign up for a chance to get into the game’s upcoming beta.
Valfaris will be launching later this year for Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness.
Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell