Triumph Studios and Paradox Interactive released a new trailer for their upcoming sci-fi 4X game, Age of Wonders: Planetfall.
The game hopes to bring the classic high fantasy franchise’s blend of 4X empire management and turn-based tactical battles to the stars this summer.
The new trailer, as seen above, shows a bit of the game’s six unique factions in action, including Amazons riding dinosaurs with laser cannons, space dwarves wielding high explosives, and cybernetically-enhanced hordes of zombies.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Emerge from the cosmic dark age of a fallen galactic empire to build a new future for your people. Age of Wonders: Planetfall is the new strategy game from Triumph Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Age of Wonders series, bringing all the exciting tactical turn-based combat and in-depth empire building of its predecessors to space in an all-new, sci-fi setting.
Build your empire with one of six unique factions, ranging from the militant Vanguard to the dinosaur-riding Amazons and the cyborg-zombies of the Assembly. Progress through each faction’s missions using your wits, military strength and diplomacy, exploring planetary ruins and encountering other survivors as you unravel the history of a shattered civilization. Fight, build, negotiate and technologically advance your way to utopia in a deep single player campaign, on random skirmish maps, and against friends in multiplayer.
- Tactical Turn-Based Sci-Fi Combat – Perfect your combat strategy in intense turn-based battles featuring a large cast of factions, customizable units, and destructible environments.
- Discover a Rich Science-Fiction World – What secrets will unfold when you uncover the history of the fallen galactic empire? Discover the fate of the Star Union by exploring lush landscapes, wild wastelands and overgrown megacities. Encounter rival factions and discover hidden technologies long forgotten in abandoned places.
- Planetary Empire Building – Steer the future of your colony with a mix of technological advances and social development. Will you create an environmental paradise or a perfect military order?
- Multiple Paths to Victory – Achieve your end goals through conquest, diplomacy or doomsday technologies.
- A Multitude of Game Modes – A deep single-player story campaign alongside random map generation makes for endless replayability. Try new play styles in skirmish mode, and play multiplayer your way – online, hotseat, and asynchronous!
Age of Wonders: Planetfall will be coming to Windows PC via Steam for $49.99 on August 6th.