Techland are set to announce information about upcoming survival horror action RPG Dying Light 2; teased through a cryptic poster.
Earlier this month, Niche Gamer was given a poster to hype up the upcoming Dying Light 2 with a secret message. Along with the poster, we were given a UV flashlight; a neat freebie but an unusual combination. It became clear when the UV light was shined on the poster, and we were shown a cryptic message with only a date, time, and website.
On May 27th at 9 p.m. CEST (3 p.m. EST, 12 p.m. PST), we can expect to see some new information regarding the upcoming game on the developer’s Twitch channel. It might seem convoluted to make an announcement for an announcement, but clearly Techland believes that what is going to be announced on the 27th is worth being hyped for.
Fans of the series have long been waiting for good news; after the game has experienced delay after delay ever since the game was announced three years ago. It should be noted that the coronavirus pandemic was likely contributor to these delays.
You can find the full run-down (via Steam) below:
It’s been 15 years since humanity lost to the virus.
The last great human settlement exists within an unforgiving, infected world, plunged into a modern dark age. During the day, bandits, factions and starving survivors roam the streets scavenging for scraps – or someone to take them from, by violence if necessary. At night the infected roam free, evacuating their dark hideouts to prey on the living.
You are Aiden Caldwell, an infected survivor. Your exceptional agility and brutal combat skills make you a powerful ally and a valuable commodity in this dangerous world. You can achieve things no one else can. Enter places no one else dares. With your unique abilities you have the power to be an agent of change within this decaying metropolis.
The fate of the city is in your hands.
- YOUR CHOICES, YOUR WORLD – You must make tough decisions and hard sacrifices as you decide the fate of a society on the brink of collapse. The effect of the choices you make will have a huge impact on entire regions of the city, uncovering new land masses and areas to explore.
- EXCEPTIONAL AGILITY AND BRUTAL COMBAT – On your journey from humble beginnings to a person of great power, you have unprecedented freedom of movement across the city, seamlessly integrated with brutal first person combat.
- A MODERN DARK AGE – In a desperate city, where resources and power are scarce, unstable, and trust in ruling bodies is all but eroded; humankind has reverted to a dark age. Civilization is gone but the relics are still there. This is a violent, primal & unforgiving world – and so are its inhabitants.
- THE INFECTION HAS EVOLVED – The infection has evolved and become more sensitive to UV light. Society exists in the relative safety of sunlight, while the infected hide in the shadows of buildings. At night the infected roam the streets freely searching for prey, presenting opportunities for you to explore areas of the city inaccessible by day.
- 2-4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY – Play the entire campaign in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join other players’ and see how their choices have played out differently to your own and how they have shaped their world differently to yours.