Developer Mithril Interactive has announced Dungeonborne, a new “first-person PvPvE dungeon crawler” built in Unreal Engine 5.
Dungeonborne is in development for Windows PC (via Steam), though a release date wasn’t confirmed.
While a release may be a ways off, players will be able to experience Dungeonborne soon via a limited open alpha during the latest Steam Next Fest, from February 2nd through the 12th.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
Dungeonborne is an immersive first-person PvPvE dungeon crawler. Venture solo or join forces with trusted companions to hunt for treasure, explore ominous dungeons, and battle terrifying monsters and cunning adversaries. Escape before succumbing to darkness and greed.
- Survive the Dungeons – Delve deep into the treacherous corridors of Clouseau Castle on a solo venture, or brave the multi-floored Sinner’s End with up to two allies. Discover hoards of priceless artifacts and defeat the monsters that guard them. Then lead your party to safety, before these walls become your tomb.
- Forge your Legend – Embrace your role as a Fighter, Priest, Rogue, Swordmaster, Pyromancer, Cryomancer, or Death Knight. With first-person clarity, feel the power of each spell, the heft of your weapons, and the strategic weight of every decision. Charge into battle, unleash devastating skills to break enemy formations, cast lifesaving buffs on allies, or use tactical throwables to turn the tides. Dungeonborne blends the immediacy of first-person action with the depth of RPG strategy for an unparalleled experience.
- Dynamic, Visceral Combat – Engage in a dance of steel and sorcery with ten unique weapon pairings that bring a fluid, back-and-forth action combat experience. Parry, block, and riposte in a high-stakes fight where skill determines the victor.
- Buildcrafting and Trading – Discover equipment with random affixes and corruptions, enhance your gear with gem socketing, trade items in a user-friendly auction house, and hunt for over 40 legendary and unique items with epic effects designed to help you sculpt the ultimate build.
- Arena and More to Come – Enter the fray in the competitive 3v3 Arena. Challenge other adventurers, revel in the excitement of combat, and strategize to claim victory—all without the risk of losing your equipment. Keep in mind that this is merely the beginning. Stay tuned for a wealth of fresh content and gameplay innovations as we strive to enhance and evolve the ultimate dungeon-crawling adventure.