DANGEN Entertainment and developer Manalith Studios have announced a release date for Dungeon Drafters.
The new roguelite dungeon crawler is launching for Windows PC (via Steam) on April 27th and sometime later in 2023 for Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game, plus a new trailer:
Dungeon Drafters is a mystery dungeon adventure set in a world where magic is cards, and cards are magic. Explore ancient ruins, loot rare cards and employ clever combos to defeat your foes and build the legendary spell deck that could save the world.
As long as you have the cards, the power is in your hands!
Play as a young adventurer eager to explore ancient ruins in this tile-based dungeon crawler with rogue-lite elements. Choose your character, create your unique spell deck and plunge into the ancient dungeons on a quest to rid the world of evil and forbidden cards.
Battle it out in tile-based combat with your spell deck to execute incredible combos that devastate the battlefield. Collect rare cards, loot treasure, rescue lost adventurers, then return to town to prepare for your next run. Dive deeper and work your way toward building the ultimate spell deck that will banish evil from the world forever.
- Magic Cards – Your cards are your arsenal. Split the ground open with earthquakes, hurl white-hot fireballs, and summon powerful allies to eliminate your foes.
- Six Characters – Choose an adventurer, getting a signature starting deck that guides your initial play-style. Regardless of your initial decision, you may branch out and create any deck you want in the game.
- Dungeon Crawling – Venture into any of the six dungeons in the world. In doing so, learn the tricks of each of the area’s monster, make adjustments to your deck and seek specific cards.
- Punishing Death – As you explore dungeons, you’ll have the opportunity to either dive deeper or return to the Town to secure your spoils. Be careful not to dive too deep and lose your deck!
- Elaborated Deck Building – Whether you’re a power gamer looking for the strongest and most broken cards, the lab scientist who loves testing out novel, audacious combos, or the completionist, who yearns to 100% their card collection, you’ll find something to love with the deck building system.
- Adventurer’s Town – Prepare for your next adventure while exploring the beautiful Town. Trade your cards, shop for new ones, open boosters, talk to NPCs and initiate challenging quests.