Indie developer Thomas Moon Kang has announced his next game, Duelists of Eden, which as the name suggests is a follow-up to his previous game One Step From Eden.
Duelists of Eden is set for a release sometime in 2022 on Windows PC (via Steam), and will feature a card-based fighting game complete with rollback netcode.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Duelists of Eden is a 2D grid-fighting game set after the events of One Step From Eden.
Build a deck and battle online in real-time action! Choose characters with unique weapons and queue online for a match.
- Deckbuilding – Fight in a mix of strategy and real-time action! Create your own unique combination of spells to take down the competition.Save and edit an unlimited amount of decks in the editor!
- Dynamic cardtridge and combo system – Create combo’s on the fly, adapting the scenario and what spells you and your opponent have.
- Tutorial and training mode – Learn the ropes in the tutorial mode and deep dive into the mechanics via training mode.Training mode includes hitboxes, character states, quick deck edits, speed modifiers, and more!
- Custom rollback netcode – The game was completely rebuilt to support custom rollback netcode, for the smoothest experience possible.
- Replay mode – Review your matches in replay mode!