Publisher No More Robots and co-developers Tendershoot and Noble Robot announced Dreamsettler, a new “spiritual sequel” to Hypnospace Outlaw.
Dreamsettler is in development for Windows PC (via Steam) and unspecified consoles, with no release date confirmed.
Here’s the first trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Sleepnet. It’s where dreams are literally made. But sometimes dreams need a little help, and that’s where you come in. They say a private eye never sleeps, but to crack these cases you’ll need to be out cold.
Dreamsettler is an early ’00s internet simulator in which you solve cases for an array of strange and endearing characters as a Sleepnet Private Investigator. From hunting down elusive soup recipes to unearthing global conspiracies, you’ll need to explore countless pages, download apps and master minigames to close your cases and solve Sleepnet’s mysteries.
You’ll start small, with little more than a bare-bones Dreamsettler template page, but before long find yourself caught up in a plot that will determine the very future of Sleepnet and sleeptime computing at large.
- Browse an entirely new simulated Internet, set in the future year of 2003!
- Solve cases as a private eye… in your sleep!
- Make friends, or enemies, among your DreamSettler peers and the powers that be across Sleepnet!
- Personalize your desktop, and customize your own DreamSettler page!
- Find, play, and explore bizarre music, videos, games and software.