Publisher Digerati and developer Digital Happiness announced DreadOut 2 is coming to Switch early next year.
Their third-person survival horror game is coming to Nintendo Switch on January 18th, 2024, via the eShop.
DreadOut 2 has been available for Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
A unique take on third-person action-adventure survival horror with Indonesian supernatural in veins. Mixed gameplay of city exploring, “DreadOut” style smartphone ghost hunting and new action-packed combat within DreadOut supernatural realm. Even though it is a Horror game in veins, but with the touch of silly high school problems, satiric social commentaries, and yet touchy memorable moments, DreadOut 2 will become a fresh take on the survival horror genre.
SURVIVAL ACTION-HORROR – DreadOut 2 will be utilizing a mixed improved mechanic of our previous DreadOut along with a new combat-oriented mechanic.
- Banish them all! DreadOut style smartphone ghost hunting is back.
- Delve deeper in DreadOut supernatural realm with a new combat-oriented mechanic.
- Fight back and survive further using any available melee weapons throughout Linda’s journey.
- Battle hideous bosses that roamed in the supernatural realm.
NON LINEAR SURVIVAL HORROR – Exploration is the heart of DreadOut 2. We want to take another step to enrich our way of non-linear storytelling through different key elements.
- Explore sleepy Lil’ town, night and day to solve terrifying urban legends that haunt within.
- Interact with various unique NPCs both human and ghosts, with various locations teeming with their antics.
- Considerable amount of side quests, hidden stages, and mini-bosses written specifically based on our Asian/Indonesian urban legends.
- Experience environmental storytelling. Learning about the city nooks and cranny that will guide players in finding an interesting discovery.
- Substantial amount collection of ghost and urban legends lore under our Ghostpedia is waiting to be discovered.