Due to an overwhelming amount of European fans demanding that Drakengard 3 get a collector’s edition release in their region, Square Enix has announced that they are planning to bring that very same release that American’s had the chance to get earlier this year, to Europe.
Just like the American collector’s edition, it will come in very limited quantities, only 2000 copies to be exact. Since the game is download only in Europe, however, you still won’t get a physical disc. The entire package will set you back €69.99, and is set to arrive on May 21st.
Here’s the entire list of stuff you’ll get:
- Clamshell Box – An eloquent display case featuring the flower that grows from Zero’s eye.
- Hardback Novella – This beautifully illustrated 160 page prequel story to Drakengard 3 (available in English language only) contains a collection of short stories written from the perspectives of each character.
- Add-on Pack – Downloadable tokens for the Ciam costume, an additional level where you play as One, Zero’s sister, and a Giant Baby Hat (yes, an enormous baby’s head for your dragon, Mikhail).
- Music Sampler CD – A CD containing a selection of mesmerising tracks from the game’s original soundtrack, composed by Keiichi Okabe (who also created the score for Nier).
- Double Sided Poster – A collectable double sided poster only available in the Collector’s Edition of Drakengard 3.
- The Game – While there won’t be a physical disc version of the Drakengard 3 for Europe and PAL territories, a download token will be included inside the box which you can redeem on the PlayStation Store.
- Japanese Voice DLC – Experience the game in its original audio with a download token for the original Japanese voice acting! This DLC is part of the Collector’s Edition, but will also be available for non-CE owners when you pre-order the standard digital game through the PlayStation Store (pre-orders start mid-April).
The collector’s edition will be available exclusively via the Square Enix Store.