Publisher Majesco Entertainment and developer WayForward have announced a Switch port for Double Dragon Neon.
The throwback, side-scrolling beat ’em up is heading to the hybrid console on December 21st via the eShop.
Double Dragon Neon was originally released for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 back in 2012, followed by a Windows PC (via Steam) port in 2014.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
Legendary martial artists, Billy and Jimmy Lee return in this creative re-imagining of the classic beat ‘em up, Double Dragon Neon. Fight your way through countless henchmen including Linda and Abobo on your way to rescue the love of your life, Marian! Trained in the special form of martial arts called Sōsetsuken, hunt down and defeat the evil Skullmageddon!
Classic beat ‘em up feel with new powers, new attacks, and a sinister new foe!
- Mix tape system lets you mix and match unique abilities and powerful new attacks.
- String together attacks for brutal combos to keep your foes down and out.
- Brawl through a variety of levels including dangerous city streets, twisted science labs, an evil stronghold, outer space and more!
- Use a variety of weapons including bats, knives, whips, and more to incapacitate unsuspecting enemies.
- Original soundtrack by award winning composer and sound designer Jake Kaufman.
- Developed by WayForward, the award winning team responsible for DuckTales: Remastered, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and A Boy and His Blob
- Steam adaptation and online co-op developed by Abstraction Games.