Klei Entertainment has confirmed the release date for ‘Reign of Giants’, the downloadable expansion for Don’t Starve on Playstation 4.
Featured above, you can check out the brand new trailer showcasing the new expansion on the Playstation 4. Although it’s a mix of cinematics, it does show off some of the new baddies, specifically the giants.
The expansion pack will hit the platform in North America on July 22nd and in Europe on July 23rd. It’ll cost you $4.99 for regular Playstation Network users, and at a 10% percent discount for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
You can get a full outline of the game’s expansion below:
- New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
- An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
- Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!
Also, along with the expansion being available, all Don’t Starve players will get a new free patch for the base game which includes performance enhancements, bug fixes and a some of the content that was previously only on PC including:
- Added Snow Chester and Shadow Chester
- New in-game text strings & dialogue
- Option to disable Screen Shake.
- Expanded options for World Generation.
- New ability to save custom pre-sets in World Generation screen
- Random character select option when starting a new game.