Developer ZA/UM have announced the release date for open-ended detective RPG Disco Elysium: The Final Cut.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut launches March 30th on Windows PC, Mac (via the Epic Games Store, GOG, Steam, and the App Store only on Mac), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Google Stadia.
As stated in our prior coverage of the original game, you play as a detective in the mysterious and corrupt town of Revachol. Disco Elysium promises an immense amount of freedom in how you approach the game, with 24 different skills to mix and match, tools, and other forms of character progression.
Solve cases through negotiation, interrogation, or violence as you try to crack a grisly murder investigation, or take on a variety of side quests for the game’s cast of quirky characters.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut features new political vision quests, a new area, new characters, full voice acting for all characters and lines, and full controller support. Those on PlayStation 5 will also have the game running at 4K, 60fps, and optimized surround sound. Finally, those who own the original game will be upgraded to The Final Cut for free.
You can find the release date trailer below.
In addition, iam8bit are offering a Collector’s Edition and vinyl LP soundtrack. The 3xLP Vinyl Soundtrack (Open Edition) and 3xLP Vinyl Soundtrack (Limited Edition Origami Jacket) are $59.99 USD and $129.99 USD.
The Collector’s Edition includes the Layers of the Id premium box, a hand-painted Mind Totem vinyl sculpture, over 190 page hardbound artbook (featuring unreleased art and stories), illustrated fabric map of the Martinaise District, and physical region-free PlayStation 5 copy of the game with reversible cover and slip-case. Pre-orders are available now.
You can find the full rundown (via iam8bit) below.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the smash-hit RPG. Pursue your political dreams in new quests, meet and question more of the city’s locals, and explore a whole extra area. Full voice-acting, controller support, and expanded language options also included.
Get even more out of this award-winning open world. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders, or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.
- NEW POLITICAL QUESTS – Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- FULL VOICE ACTING – All of the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- IMPROVED PLAYABILITY – Full controller support and customisation lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5.
- REAL ROLE-PLAYING – Customise your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- UNPRECEDENTED FREEDOM – Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
- FREE UPGRADE FOR ALL – The Final Cut will be available at no extra cost to all current owners of Disco Elysium. Original players expand their experience for free while new players can enjoy the new content from their first playthrough.