Kalypso Media has announced Disciples: Liberation, a dark fantasy strategy RPG by Frima Studio.
Disciples: Liberation is a dramatic reboot and reimagining of the Disciples series from the early 2000s, which hasn’t seen a new game since 2012’s Disciples III: Reincarnation. Disciples: Liberation is a strategy RPG where players will become a hero liberating the land of Nevendaar from dark forces. Choose from one of four classes and recruit over 50 types of units as you build your army, expand your home base, complete quests, and make difficult decisions that can lead to one of five endings. You can find the announcement trailer below.
Disciples: Liberation will receive a closed alpha soon that is limited to 200 players. You can learn more here.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
• 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a sprawling dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and five unique endings to unlock
• Explore a war-torn realm: journey through a sprawling world in ruin and work to unearth its endless secrets, hidden treasures, and bloody past
• Write your own story: pick from four uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to your cause from an assortment of factions
• Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use your political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
• Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and amass an army best suited to your play style; hone both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat.
• Challenge deadly bosses: test your mettle and pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
• Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
• Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes
ABOUT THIS GAME
Disciples: Liberation is a mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG with turn-based combat. Liberate the land of Nevendaar and uncover the endless stories hidden within this richly detailed world where every decision has a consequence, and every wrong move could be deadly.
Explore a rich overworld and align with a variety of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Assemble a team to gather precious resources, sway political standing, and take on brutal beasts in intricate turn-based battles.
Choice is everything in Disciples: Liberation and it is up to you how you write your story.
Disciples: Liberation releases Q4 2021 for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.