Warcave and Crazy Monkey Studios have just released their prehistoric RTS Warparty on Steam Early Access.
Warparty is a traditional-style RTS set in a prehistoric fantasy world where you can tame wild dinosaurs and incorporate them into your army. The current version of the game features two factions with their own unique set of units, talents, magic abilities, chieftain hero characters, and mechanics. A third faction will be implemented before release.
Game modes are currently limited to multiplayer (with dedicated servers, leaderboards, matchmaking, and a ranking system already implemented) and AI skirmish maps, but there will eventually be a full story-driven campaign. The developers are hoping to have the game finished within the first half of 2019. You can check out the Early Access trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
In ancient times, a powerful civilization thrived, blending technology and magic to assert their dominion on the world. Eons have passed since their fall and nature has reclaimed its place, leading wild beasts and dinosaurs to roam the land once again.
The tribes of men have emerged and grown in this savage environment. Using whatever tools at their disposal and harnessing the powers of the Ancients from the ruins of their cities and temples, they thrive and fight with each other for the limited resources of this world.
Lead your people to victory, expand your tribe and harness the power of beasts and lost artefacts. Shape your people to overcome their rivals and become the uncontested rulers of all.
- Old school RTS with a modern twist.
- Immersive stone age setting with different environments.
- Hunt wild dinosaurs or use them as mounts for your units.
- Bring forth powerful abilities ranging from thunder bolts to meteor showers and rain death on your enemies.
- Shape your tribe and chieftain with powerful talents.
- Intensive multiplayer with players competing against each other or play cooperative against AI.
- Create massive armies and fight to control resources.
Warparty is available for Windows PC and Mac via Steam Early Access for $17.99, with a 10% launch discount until the 19th. The full version will be slightly more expensive, but no final price has been confirmed.