Blizzard Entertainment shared the first developer diary video for Diablo IV introducing its game world – Sanctuary.
In case you missed it, Blizzard confirmed the open beta schedule and details for the Diablo IV open beta – read more about that here.
Here’s a rundown Diablo IV, plus the new dev diary:
Abandon all hope. The endless battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells rages on as chaos threatens to consume Sanctuary. With ceaseless demons to slaughter, countless Abilities to master, nightmarish Dungeons, and Legendary loot, this vast, open world brings the promise of adventure and devastation. Survive and conquer darkness – or succumb to the shadows.
- EXPLORE SANCTUARY – Explore Sanctuary – Discover the world of Sanctuary as you battle through its expansive lands. Join fellow adventurers, retake besieged towns, delve into corrupted dungeons, and uncover lost secrets as you fight for the fate of the world.
- STRONGHOLDS – Heroic adventurers can clear out Strongholds such as this one, claiming them once again for the citizens of Sanctuary. The town will never be the same, but victory here can leave a lasting mark and transform this hostile region into a safe haven.
- PVP – Battles take a turn when you enter PvP zones. Mark yourself as “hostile” and these high-risk, high-reward areas of Sanctuary allow you to take a swing at other players for their valuable loot. But be warned. This also opens you up to being swung at.
HEROES OF SANCTUARY
Create and customize your character to battle onward against the unspeakable horrors that blight this land. Choose from one of five classes, discover and experiment with a vast array of powerful equipment, and carefully select your talents and abilities to become steadfast in the face of darkness. But choose wisely; your world depends on it.
- BARBARIAN – The Barbarian has unparalleled strength and expertly wields an entire arsenal in battle, with a weapon for every occasion. He bellows intimidating war cries and unleashes ground-shaking slams to send approaching hordes reeling.
- DRUID – The Druid is a savage shapeshifter, fluidly transforming between the forms of a towering bear or a vicious werewolf to fight alongside the creatures of the wild. He also commands the power of earth, wind, and storm, unleashing nature’s wrath to devastating effect.
- NECROMANCER – Necromancers are cunning summoners that conjure vengeful hordes of the undead. Their Essence flows into three powerful bastions of Bone, Blood, or Shadow to bring low their enemies.
- ROGUE – The Rogue is an adaptable, agile warrior who can specialize in ranged or close quarters combat. She can best any foe with her imbued weapons, perform powerful combo attacks, and can augment her arsenal with deadly poisons and shadow magic to slay demons with impunity.
- SORCERER – The Sorceress shapes the elements into whatever form is necessary to ensure victory, from hurling bolts of lightning, impaling her foes upon jagged spikes of ice, and raining flaming meteors down from the sky.
Diablo IV is set to launch on June 6th, 2023 across Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5.