Diablo 4‘s Season 2 is coming, and with every new season comes the opportunity to level up a new character.
Want to try out a new class, or maybe completely forgot how to play your own class at a lower level? Don’t worry, Niche Gamer has the strongest leveling builds for every class available.
Below you can find a leveling guide for the Barbarian class, specifically optimized for Season 2:
The Rend Barbarian build focuses on using the very strong AOE skill Rend, followed up by Death Blow. The build also makes use of bleeding, and majorly relies on two skills: Rend and Flay.
Rend and Flay will be your two main sources of bleed damage, with the usage of the Walking Arsenal passive for extra damage.
Season 2’s unique mechanic introduces Vampiric Powers, which can completely change how your build works. Players will have to acquire Potent Blood by killing vampire enemies, which will in turn fuel your Vampirical Powers.
Below are what we believe will be the strongest powers available on Season 2:
- Anticipation (1 Divinity): Your Ultimate Skills gain 20% Cooldown Reduction. Your Ultimate Skills gain 12% increased damage for each nearby enemy affected by your Damage Over Time effects.
- Ravenous (3 Ferocity): Lucky Hit: Up to a 20% chance to increase your Attack Speed by 40% of your Total Movement Speed for 6 seconds.
- Prey on the Weak (2 Ferocity): You deal 16% increased damage to Vulnerable enemies. Enemies are Vulnerable while affected by a Vampiric Curse from your other Vampiric Powers.
- Undying (1 Eternity): Casting Skills heals you for 3% Life. Double this bonus while below 50% Life.
- Metamorphosis (2 Ferocity, 2 Divinity, 2 Eternity): When you Evade you turn into a cloud of bats, becoming Unstoppable for 4 seconds. Enemies along your path take 160% Physical damage and are inflicted with Vampiric Curse.
Skill Point allocations:
Your first 20 skill points will be used to acquire all of your major skills, with passives only being filled in so we can get to the next tier.
- Enhanced Flay
- Combat Flay
- Enhanced Rend
- Violent Rend
- Rallying Cry
- Enhanced Rallying Cry
- Tactical Rallying Cry
- Rend Level 2
- Rend Level 3
- Enhanced Leap
- Power Leap
- Rend Level 4
- Rend Level 5
- Death Blow
- Enhanced Death Blow
- Warrior’s Death Blow
- Hamstring Level 1
- Cut to the Bone Level 1
- Cut to the Bone Level 2
- Cut to the Bone Level 3
- Wrath of the Berserker
- Prime Wrath of the Berserker
- Supreme Wrath of the Berserker
After acquiring our major skills, we can actually move on to the passives:
- Death Blow Level 5
- Pit Fighter Level 3
- Slaying Strike Level 3
- Expose Vulnerability Level 3
- Walking Arsenal
- Swiftness Level 3
- Aggressive Resistance Level 1
- Prolific Fury Level 1
- Thick Skin Level 3
- Defensive Stance Level 3
- Counteroffensive Level 3
- Tempered Fury Level 1
- Furious Impulse Level 3
Legendary Aspects are acquired by clearing dungeons throughout the open world, and after collected they will be available from the Codex of Power. Always remember that aspects naturally found on legendary gear will be a better roll than if they were applied.
- Helm: Aspect of Might
- Chest: Aspect of Disobedience
- Gloves: Aspect of Berserk Ripping
- Pants: Iron Blood Aspect
- Boots: Ghostwalker Aspect
- Amulets: Aspect of Bul-Kathos
- Ring: Aspect of the Relentless Armsmaster
- Ring: Aspect of Unrelenting Fury
- Bludgeoning Weapon: Aspect of the Expectant
- Slashing Weapon: Edgemaster’s Aspect
- Dual-Wield Weapon 1: Rapid Aspect
- Dual-Wield Weapon 2: Veteran Brawler’s Aspect