Devolver Digital have announced Sludge Life, Developed by Terri Vellmann (High Hell), and Doseone.
Briefly seen in hidden images in Devolver Digital’s E3 2019 conference, Sludge Life seems to be a more morose take on Jet Set Radio.
The planet has been covered in a foul sludge thanks to the GLUG corporation, and GHOST aims to become the top graffiti tagger on their deteriorating island filled with strange people.
The game will also have three endings, hinted (in the game’s store description) to get free of the island, become the best tagger, or “take it all down in flames with you.”
You can find the announcement trailer below
You can find the full rundown (via the Epic Games Store) below:
SLUDGE LIFE is a first-person / open-world / vandalism-centric stroll through a polluted island full of cranky idiots and a vibe so thick you can taste it.
Roam a tiny island stuck on a sludge covered planet as an upcoming tagger GHOST set on staking their claim amongst the graffiti elite. Traverse the corporately branded landscape, chat up other taggers, and discover secrets and idiots along the way.
Will you become the king of the island and tag every open inch, infiltrate sludge-pumping corporation GLUG to find a way out, or just take it all down in flames with you?
- Experience the thrills of vandalism from the safety of your computer.
- Curiosity and free will are your only motivators – roll as you please.
- Find and download apps to your laptop and waste your life away playing a game in a game.
- Smoke Ciggy Cigs brand cigarettes. * Take photos of exotic fauna and ambivalent NPCs.
- Dedicated fart button.
- A huge baby, community basketball court, and a cat with two buttholes. (no extra charge)
- Three distinct endings and a pretty robust credits.
Sludge Life is coming soon to Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), and Nintendo Switch.
Image: Epic Games Store