Dangen Entertainment have revealed new games at this year’s Bit Summit in Japan, including an expansion for Devil Engine.
Developed by Protoculture Games, the Devil Engine: Ignition expansion will be an add-on for Windows PC and Nintendo Switch versions of the game.
On PlayStation 4 the expansion will be free. A demo can even be played right now via a cheat code on the Windows PC version. Finally, the expansion will launch winter 2019.
You can find the full run-down below:
2D manic STG Devil Engine is receiving an expansion pack! Devil Engine is a high octane, classic side scrolling shoot-em-up styled after the best in the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, hand-drawn pixel art, and a blood-pumping soundtrack that brings the dark future to life.
- New Ignition Features
- Six new stages, doubling the size of the game.
- New arranged soundtrack by a variety of veteran composers, including Shinji Hosoe (Street Fighter EX), Eebrozgi (ZeroRanger), Loser “Ruzarin” Kashiwagi (Cho Ren Cha 68K), Saitama Saishuu Heiki (Koihime Enbu), and more!
- Three ships to choose from! Fan favorite secret ship “Scathach” is now available from the start, and all new ship “Boudicca”, exclusive to Ignition.
- New unlockable shaders and features to customize your play.
- New announcer powered by Vocaloid technology.
- Legacy controller support exclusively on PlayStation 4, courtesy Lab Zero games (Skullgirls).
Devil Engine is out now on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.