Activision and Bungie have officially announced the latest expansion for Destiny 2, titled simply “Forsaken.”
The new expansion will launch on September 4th across Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the new content.
Here’s a rundown on the new expansion:
Following years of strife, what remains of the Reef has fallen to lawlessness. Players investigate the recent unrest and will explore new regions, awaken new powers, and earn powerful weapons. Building on the most requested desire for a deep and rewarding endgame experience, Destiny 2: Forsaken features The Dreaming City destination. Full of secrets to discover and bosses to defeat, this destination also houses the brand-new raid and is the first space designed from the ground up to support endgame content. Available to all Destiny 2 players around Forsaken’s launch comes highly anticipated changes and features such as a new weapon slot system, Random Rolls, improvements to the mods system, and numerous other quality-of-life improvements.
- New Locations – The most lawless frontier in all the Reef, the Tangled Shore is a dangerous web of asteroids lashed together. Its isolated location, far from Vanguard and Awoken authorities. Make it an ideal home for pirates and outlaws seeking marooned treasure.
- New Enemies – The hunt is on for eight Barons who’ve escaped the Prison of Elders. Your pursuit of these fugitives will take you to uncharted regions and ultimately reveal long-lost Awoken secrets.
- New Supers – Wield new Super abilities and feel renewed power.
- New Weapons & Gear – Uncover powerful weapons like the all-new Legendary bow and collect new Exotic gear.
- Gambit – Fight. Collect. Bank. Invade. This all-new hybrid 4v4 mode combines the best of PvE and PvP.
The expansion will be available as both a standalone purchase (which naturally requires the base game and the first two expansions), as well as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition and the Forsaken + Annual Pass Bundle. Here’s a breakdown of each option:
The Awoken Legend Set
- Wrath Majestic Legendary Bow Ornament
- Dirge Paladin Emblem
- Vestian Ghost Shell
- Fireteam Medallions
Destiny 2: Forsaken Annual Pass
- Alongside seasonal updates and live events available to every Destiny 2 player, Forsaken Annual Pass provides bonus rewards and introduces three premium content releases (anticipated in Winter 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019).
Destiny 2 is now available for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.