Playtonic Friends and Fabraz have announced 3D action platformer Demon Turf will be coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
As the Demon World is divided between various gangs and the Demon King atop it all; young demon Beebz has decided to become the Demon Queen; and take the land by force. Combine platforming moves to skip large chunks of the level if you’re good enough, place checkpoints where you want them, and use physics-driven combat to push, pull, and spin foes out of your path.
You can also re-visit areas you liberate, discovering the changes brought about, and taking on other challenges and side-quests. Alter your playstyle with mods, buy dyes and pets, and snap photos to share on social media.
As stated in the press release (via email), the game’s demos have been specially crafted weekly trials (with a new one every Thursday). Get to the top of the leaderboard, and become immortalized with a portrait in the full game. The Trials also has a full tutorial, and two complete main levels of the full game.
You can find the PlayStation announcement trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
The Demon World is inhabited by all kinds of nasties… Most of them lumped into gangs battling for dominion, each led by its own head honcho. Yet even these bad dudes are no match for the Demon King himself! Instead the task falls to Beebz, a young demon barely a thousand years old, who decides it’s time for her to kick every turf leader’s butt and become the Demon Queen herself.
- A unique aesthetic combining the expressiveness of 2D illustrations with the depth and sense of exploration 3D environments can offer!
- A world chock-full of humor and style, from the music accompanied by the protagonist’s rapping to the colorful characters inhabiting the world!
- A unique take on progression! Take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncover. Or take some time off in the hub town taking on sidequests and other distinct challenges instead.
- Pull off some clever platforming combinations or get physical with a special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way.
- A different take on checkpoints, freeing the player to place them wherever they want. Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section.
- Unique challenges like the “Photo Hunt” mode where you’re tasked to take pictures of hidden locations & surprising moments! Or simply take picures and selfies for fun and share them across all social media!
- An awesome collection of purchasable mods that can be combined in clever ways to completely change your play style! Or you could buy some dyes & pets instead, the world’s your oyster!
- Tons of carefully crafted levels that constantly introduce new challenges as well as en- gaging bosses full of character and life! Until Beebz gets to them…