A demo for upcoming roguelike One Step From Eden has been released.
Published by Maple Whispering and developed by Thomas Moon Kang, the game is a self-proclaimed combination of MegaMan Battle Network and Slay the Spire.
Using a deck-building system and grid based movement during combat the comparison to MegaMan Battle Network is very apt. You can find the demo here and a full run-down below:
In One Step From Eden players jump into a war-torn landscape and fight their way to Eden using an ever expanding deck of spells. Blazing fast combat and strategic deckbuilding make for a one of a kind experience.
In the demo, players will be able to fight evolving enemies and intense bosses, amass spells, save hostages, and if they’re lucky, find a few secrets!
- Deckbuilding with 200+ spells & 100+ game-changing items
- Action deckbuilding, a blend of bullet hell action and card game strategy
- 8+ Playable Characters and Bosses
- Alternate runs and endings
- Unique evolving enemies that get ingeniously more difficult
- Procedurally generated worlds and battles
- Full Original Soundtrack
- Local co-op and PvP
- Full controller and keyboard & mouse support
- Steam Workshop & mod support
One Step From Eden is slated for release in Q3 of 2019 for Windows PC and Mac (via Steam).