Coffee Stain Publishing and developer Ghost Ship Game announced Deep Rock Galactic tops 10 million players worldwide since its PlayStation launch.
The new milestone that Deep Rock Galactic tops 10 million players includes both the original Windows PC (via Steam) release and the Xbox One release, and the aforementioned PS4 and PS5 releases, which just launched on January 4th, 2022. It’s worth reiterating that the game is currently free to play for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
“The server list is absolutely packed with new players, and many players have been reaching out to us directly to tell us how much they love the game. We are receiving a lot of suggestions, feedback, and help tracking down bugs and issues,” commented Soren Lundgaard, CEO of Ghost Ship Games.
Following its PlayStation launch, the community helped the small team at Ghost Ship Games identify issues early on, which got fixed within a couple days of the game going live on PS4 and PS5.
“The way Deep Rock Galactic has always been developed is directly with the community,” Soren continues. “We are a small team, undertaking a huge console launch so it is amazing to have the community working with us every step of the way, and we can’t wait to show off what we are going to give back to them in Season 02 this Spring!”
Staff writer Brandon Lyttle said in our review for the game that Deep Rock Galactic is a “fantastic game for those who like Left 4 Dead” and that “the squad based missions are infinitely more fun with friends though, and similar to Sea of Thieves the game is more enjoyable with others.”
Here’s the latest trailer for the game:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
WELCOME, NEW MINER!
Deep Rock Galactic is a 1-4 player co-op FPS featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters.
- 1-4 PLAYER CO-OP – Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through a massive cave system filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources. You will need to rely on your teammates if you want to survive the most hostile cave systems in the galaxy!
- 4 UNIQUE CLASSES – Pick the right class for the job. Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS – Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. Drill straight down to your objective or build an intricate network of paths to explore your surroundings — the choice is yours. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- PROCEDURALLY GENERATED CAVE NETWORK – Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect. There’s always something new to discover and no two playthroughs are alike.
- HIGH-TECH GADGETS AND WEAPONS – Dwarves know what they need to bring to get the job done. This means the most powerful weapons and the most advanced gadgets around – flamethrowers, gatling guns, portable platform launchers, and much, much more.
- LIGHT YOUR PATH – The underground caves are dark and full of terrors. You will need to bring your own lights if you want to illuminate these pitch-black caverns.