Playism is proud to announce that Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire, the deckbuilding roguelike by solo indie developer and artist makaroll, is coming soon.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire is the long-awaited sequel to the popular Phantom Rose Scarlet. Just like its predecessor, Phantom Rose 2 adopts the unique draw-less card mechanic and instead relies on careful management of your deck’s cooldown in battle.
Take on the role of Aria, our new protagonist, and help her escape the phantom-infested Marion Magic Academy while trying to regain her lost memories.
Two Classes, Each with Unique Properties
In Phantom Rose 2, players get to choose between the Blade Class and the all-new Mage Class. The Blade Class offers more straightforward gameplay, while the Mage Class introduces the “Arcana” mechanic for an added layer of strategy.
“Arcana” is a resource specific to the Mage Class that reduces as you play attack cards and replenishes when you play certain cards. Playing this class requires you to outmaneuver your opponent while maintaining a balance between offense and defense.
With each class also coming with its own unique set of cards, you will have to adapt your strategy according to your chosen class and deck for each playthrough.
- Build and manage your own deck through battle without relying on the luck of the draw
- 2 playable classes (Blade and Mage), each with their own unique sets of cards and mechanics
- Multiple modes: Adventure, Arcade, Custom
- Meet a cast of unique characters with different interaction options
- Bigger story with multiple endings to unlock
- Over 200 cards to collect
- Beautiful hand-drawn art by the developer himself
The developer and artist of Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire, makaroll, aims to create an attractive single-player game that caters to both fans of the previous title and newcomers trying it for the first time.
Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire is coming out October 30, 2023, for Microsoft Windows (through Steam).