Behavior Interactive have announced the release date of the Resident Evil chapter for Dead by Daylight, along with some details.
As previously reported, the cross over is part of a double celebration with Dead by Daylight‘s 5th anniversary, and Resident Evil‘s 25th. Initially all that was revealed was an Umbrella Charm for the chapter; but many suspected it would be akin to the the crossover with Silent Hill.
The new reveal trailer has seemingly confirmed that to be the case. The two new survivors will be Leon S. Kennedy and Jill Valentine, with a new killer as Nemesis.
Jill Valentine’s unique perk is promised to show her training and adaptability, while Leon S. Kennedy’s will show his “dedication to others, his resilience, and his goal-driven personality.” One of Leon’s perks will even be able to spawn the unique Flashbang item under certain conditions.
Finally, Nemesis’ special ability can infect survivors with his tentacles. These survivors cough and vomit (to make them easier to find); and the next T-Virus attack will deal damage instead.
Every infected survivor will also make Nemesis stronger, and increase the range of his tentacle attack. The map does have limited doses of vaccine to help cure them. Nemesis perks are also designed to emphasize its brain and brawn; while spreading panic.
This will also be the first Killer to be assisted by AI characters; zombies that will roam the map when Nemesis is the killer. For some reason, Nemesis is also shown killing its own zombies; suggesting players can gain some kind of boon for doing so, at the cost of loosing another hazard for survivors to deal with.
The new map will be the Raccoon City Police Department, based on the remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. While those who have played those games should be able to navigate the map, the Entity has put its on twists on the layout.
You can find the reveal trailer below, along with the rundown on the details during the Dead by Daylight 5th anniversary stream (at 52:03).
The Resident Evil content will come to Death by Daylight June 15th.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Death Is Not an Escape.
Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors’ goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer – something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.
More information about the game is available at http://www.deadbydaylight.com
• Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone. Will you be able to outwit the Killer and escape their Killing Ground?
• Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so you’ll never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean you will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every time you play.
• A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. As a Killer you can play as anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entities. Familiarize yourself with your Killing Grounds and master each Killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice your victims.
• Deeper and Deeper – Each Killer and Survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit your own personal strategy. Experience, skills and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the Killer.
• Real People, Real Fear – The procedural levels and real human reactions to pure horror makes each game session an unexpected scenario. You will never be able to tell how it’s going to turn out. Ambience, music, and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, you might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.
Dead By Daylight is available now on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Android, iOS, and Google Stadia. In case you missed it, you can find our review here (we recommend it!)