Red Hook Studios have announced new PVP-focused DLC for Darkest Dungeon, The Butcher’s Circus.
Players can select a team of four heroes (without risking their lives, despite the corpse-piles shown in screenshots), to battle it out against another team of heroes online.
Winners can earn components to customize their online banners (with some being unlocked through the campaign) and “gladiatorial trinkets.” We assume these are only usable in the PVP mode, but there has been no such confirmation one way or the other.
The DLC was teased a day in advance on April 1st, leaving few to believe it to be real. Both due to the surprising inclusion of multiplayer, and the crudely made image used during the April 1st teaser.
You can find screenshots for the DLC below.
Darkest Dungeon: The Butcher’s Circus DLC is coming soon. You can find the full rundown on the DLC (via Steam) below.
The Hamlet may have fallen on hard times, but the creak of wagons and blare of abused trumpets signals a change in fortune for the bold and meek alike: the Circus is in town!
A weathered and bloodstained pavilion tent beckons, the Twins flank the flap, and a rheumy-eyed Barker announces:
“The Butcher demands a show!”
“Buy the ticket, take the ride.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
- New Hamlet Location: The Butcher’s Circus
- Engage in no-holds-barred PvP combat with teams of 4 heroes (without risking your Campaign heroes)
- Climb the ranks to show off your command of heroes and ability to weather misfortune and violence
- Unlock banner components and use your creativity to assemble your own duelist heraldry
- Strategize with new gladiatorial trinkets that can mean all the difference in pitched battles against other heroes
- A gleefully warped musical theme by Stuart Chatwood, Narrator quips by the esteemed Wayne June, and all new gripping sound FX by Power Up Audio