Publisher Curve Digital and developer Neon Giant have announced a delay for The Ascent, alongside new gameplay.
The cyberpunk action RPG will forgo its planned 2020 release window for one sometime next year. The Ascent is set for a release on Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X+S, and Xbox Game Pass.
“Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game,” Neon Giant art director and co-founder Tor Frick said in a press release. “To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch.”
Here’s a new gameplay walkthrough video:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
The Ascent will see players dive into ‘The Ascent Group’ arcology, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. Taking on the role of an indentured worker, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the empty space. Players will have to take up arms and hold them off. The Ascent begins here.
The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes