Brace Yourself Games have announced and released SYNCHRONY, a surprise DLC pack for their rhythm-based roguelike Crypt of the NecroDancer.
Crypt of the NecroDancer was released way back in 2015, and after 5 years of silence, Brace Yourself Games surprised the community with the huge 3.0 update in late June. The surprise content injection continues with Crypt of the NecroDancer: SYNCHRONY, a massive DLC expansion that is now in Early Access for Windows PC, Linux, and Mac via GOG and Steam for $6.99.
Crypt of the NecroDancer: SYNCHRONY adds local and online co-op and vs modes for up to 8 players, extensive mod support integration, 3 new characters, tons of new items, weapons, spells, traps, shrines, and enemies, and even more new content that will slowly be added during Early Access.
You can find a launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Crypt of the NecroDancer: SYNCHRONY is a massive new content pack for Crypt of the NecroDancer! It adds online multiplayer (co-op and vs), three new characters, full mod support (and built-in mod portal), new items, enemies, traps, and more!
- Online multiplayer support for up to 8 players in co-op and vs modes!
- New character: Chaunter — Posesses enemies and fights using their powers!
- New character: Suzu — Speedy character with an invincible dash attack!
- New character: Klarinetta — Does battle with a huge two-handed sword!
- Full mod support allowing most aspects of the game to be modded!
- An integrated mod portal, and the ability to load multiple mods at once!
- New weapons, spells, items, enemies, shrines, traps, and more!
- Even more features to come during Early Access!
The base game for Crypt of the Necrodancer has been available across Windows PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and smartphones.