Crypt of the Necrodancer developer Brace Yourself Games has announced their next game: Industries of Titan.
The game is described as an “industrial city building sim/strategy game,” and it naturally takes place on Saturn’s moon, Titan. Featured above, you can view the game’s announcement trailer.
Players will be tasked with designing, expanding, and maintaining industrial cities, which you can grow into massive, sprawling megacities. You can also compete against your opponents with political influence and customizable ships, all in the hope to dominate Titan’s resources and lange.
Here are the first screenshots:
Players will also have to balance “the needs of your workers, your factories, and your buildings to produce a powerful, efficient economy.” Development is being handled by the very talented Sir Cama and Nick Gunn on art, as well as Danny Baranowsky on music (he did the soundtrack for Necrodancer).
Here are the game’s key features:
- Design your city and grow it from just a few small buildings into a massive metropolis!
- Set up production lines inside your factories to turn raw resources into ever more powerful devices and buildings
- Balance the needs of your workers, your factories, and your buildings to produce a powerful, efficient economy
- Design the interiors of your battleships by strategically placing weapons, shields, thrusters, and more, to reduce weak points and maximize fighting capability
- Overcome your enemies via tactical battleship combat, technological superiority, political influence, or the sheer productive power of your factories
- Gameplay is “real-time with pause” — play at your preferred pace!
- Created by the team that brought you Crypt of the NecroDancer, with art by Sir Carma and Nick Gunn, music by Danny Baranowsky, and audio by Power Up Audio.
Development platforms and a release window aren’t confirmed at this time, however there is a Steam page – leading us to believe it’ll at least be available for PC, Mac, and Linux. We’ll keep you guys posted.