Publisher Fireshine Games and developer Pugstorm announced Core Keeper has sold over 250K copies within its first week in early access.
News that Core Keeper has sold over 250K copies comes within a week of the game launching for PC via Steam Early Access, of which Pubstorm said they expect to hit full release by the end of 2022. The game originally hit early access on March 8th.
So why is Core Keeper a runaway indie hit? Fans and reviews describe the game as mish-mash of other popular indie games like Stardew Valley and Terraria, even blending elements of Minecraft, Valheim, and Factorio into the mix.
The game actually sold over 100,000 copies within 48 hours of hitting early access, and now a week later it has toppled a quarter million copies sold.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Drawn towards a mysterious relic, you are an explorer who awakens in an ancient cavern of creatures, resources and trinkets. Trapped deep underground will your survival skills be up to the task?
Mine relics and resources to build your base, craft new equipment, survive, and power up the Core. Defeat giant monsters, discover hidden secrets, farm crops, cook new recipes and explore a procedurally generated underground world in a mining sandbox adventure for 1-8 players.
- Mine Resources – Explore a vast underground cave of endless resources. Mine ores, discover hidden crystals, fossils & trinkets and survive a procedurally generated underground world.
- Discover an Ancient World – Delve into living biomes and fight cavernous creatures in a vast subterranean system. Scour the dark world around you and encounter the behemoths of the underground. Defeat them and take the spoils of victory to help uncover the mystery of the Core.
- Craft Items & Equipment – Customise your character and craft new items, armour and equipment to venture further into the caves. Craft a pickaxe to mine walls and resources, build bridges to cross underground lakes, and place torches to light up the profound ever-present darkness.
- Grow & Farm Crops – Tend your crops to grow a variety of plants by planting seeds found during your adventures. Find the perfect fishing spot and catch a plethora of unique fish. Combine the yield of your hard work farming and fishing in the cooking pot to discover delicious recipes with unexpected effects.
- 1-9 Player Sandbox – Survive alone or play online with up to 7 other players. Work together to mine resources, fight, farm, craft and survive. Specialise in your role to help your fellow explorers tame the unruly landscape you find yourselves in.