Publisher Skybound Games and developer Beamdog have announced they’re porting a bevy of classic computer RPGs to consoles.
Both parties are releasing the first-ever console ports for the Enhanced Editions of Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights.
A release window for all the aforementioned games is set for this year, across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Further details and “box contents” will be revealed in the coming months.
Here’s a rundown on each game:
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition – Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons computer role-playing games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
- Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition combines both Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Bundled with the game on PC and Mac, and available as DLC on iOS and Android, are four diverse new characters, each with their own epic quest. Venture to the distant sands of Zakhara with your new companions, or lead them in a raid upon the home of the gods.
- Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear – Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear adds a new storyline to the Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition saga. The events occurring between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II are at last revealed in this 25-hour expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition.
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast’s legendary Forgotten Realms.
- Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition – The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One’s eyes. Discover an incredibly rich story and a setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic. This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.
- Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition – Return to the Forgotten Realms in this bestselling Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. Combines all the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition with all-new enhanced features. Includes 100-plus hours of award-winning adventures and the tools to create your own!
Lastly, if you’re at this year’s PAX East (which runs from March 28th to the 31st), you can play a selection of Beamdog’s titles at the Skybound Games booth.