Publisher Sega and developer Relic Entertainment have announced Company of Heroes 3 for PC.
Company of Heroes 3 is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) sometime in late 2022, and a pre-alpha preview is now available. You need to sign up to CoH-Development and then you’ll get access to the pre-alpha, as well as design documents, talks with developers, art, and more.
“We’re really excited for players to experience Company of Heroes 3 right from the pre-alpha stage and to receive their valuable feedback,” said Justin Dowdeswell, General Manager at Relic Entertainment. “We’ve been co-developing the game with our fantastic community members for years now, and they have been instrumental in providing consistent and meaningful feedback at every step of the development process. We are ready to expand that program in a massive way with our fans around the world via our COH-Development Program, which has been made possible by Amplitude Studios’ fantastic Games2Gether platform.”
Here’s the announcement trailer and some gameplay:
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
As commander of the Allied forces, your objective is to lead your forces and capture critical locations in preparation for an assault on the winter line. How you achieve this goal is entirely up to you!
This experience provides a glimpse at our single player campaign, providing access to a few key missions in the latter stages of the Italian theatre. Please note that this Pre-Alpha Preview does not commence at the start of the full game campaign, hence it’s tutorial and first-time user experience is limited.
This Pre-Alpha Preview is not intended as a marketing demo or promotional ‘Beta’. This is your chance to join forces with our development efforts early, and provide targeted feedback to help steer the shape of the final game.
We will be sharing our plans for multiplayer-centric gameplay in the near future, so remember to register for CoH-Development to avoid missing out.
What is included in the Company of Heroes 3 Pre-Alpha Preview?
- New Dynamic Campaign Map – The new Dynamic Campaign Map delivers full ‘sandbox-style’ gameplay, allowing players to command the overall war effort and experience an unprecedented level of strategic choice. Establish vital supply lines before deploying rear guard defenses to secure your advance. Launch air and naval strikes to weaken and scatter enemy forces or liberate a nearby town to develop a Partisan spy network.
- Playable US and British Forces – For the first time ever, command both the British and American forces in one campaign. Take control of iconic new units such as Ghurkas Special Service Forces, Chaffee Tanks and many more, as you prepare to liberate Italy from the grip of Axis occupation.
- Full Tactical Pause – Battle like never before! – Test out our new and completely optional ‘Full Tactical Pause’ feature, delivering total control over the pacing of your single-player battles. Queue up everything whilst paused – from build orders to movements or unit abilities – then unleash lethal precision plays to gain the edge in battle.
- Skirmish Encounter – Experience incredible action across a variety of intense missions, including dynamic new ‘skirmish’ mission types in this Pre-Alpha Preview experience. This is your chance to provide feedback on what you like and what you’d like to see sharpened in the final single player campaign.
- A Stunning Theatre Of War – Welcome to the Mediterranean – a breathtaking new theatre filled with untold stories of war. Engage ferocious enemy forces across Italian mountain passes and breathtaking coastal vistas. Stunning visuals deliver authentic and highly diverse environments designed to keep you on your toes. Note – North Africa not included in this preview.