MicroProse Software and Bird’s Eye Games are currently running a Regiments open beta, letting players try out their upcoming Cold War RTS for free.
The Regiments open beta focuses on the Operations mode. Operations are a form of skirmish maps where players lead their regiment in a series of persistent, interconnected battles.
Losses will continue between battles, and even changes to the environment persist. Players will need to manage resources so they can call in reinforces and keep their current forces in fighting shape. You can find a teaser trailer below.
Requesting access to the free beta is as easy as clicking the appropriate link on the Steam page.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
THE RED HORSE OF WAR IS RIDING THROUGH THE EUROPE ONCE AGAIN
It’s 1989 and the flames of a New War are flaring up. Thousands of square miles of German landscape will become a stage for sweeping battles between the best NATO and Warsaw Pact has to offer.
Lead your Regiment through the inferno of a wide-scale Cold War conflict in this new Real-Time Tactics game. Break through the lines, call in artillery and air support, maneuver, feign retreats, and stage mobile defenses. Do not relent.
The Platoon Command system lets you orchestrate battles with unprecedented precision and ease. No need to micromanage every infantryman – you’re a Commanding Officer, not a sergeant.
Form your force on the fly. Selecting the main Regiment is just a start. You can expand your army during the game by calling in unique Task Forces, each bringing its own equipment and off-map support options.
- A strategic dynamic campaign, encompassing warfare around the Inner German border
- Three distinct skirmish modes with varied, dynamic objectives
- Aggressive, competent AI that can challenge experienced RTS players
- On-the-fly force customization, rewarding adaptability, and creativity
- Deep game mechanics, simulating the Cold War era mechanized fight with great detail
- Four key Cold War Factions: Soviet Union, USA, West Germany, and East Germany
- Visceral visual effects, bringing the WWIII to your screen in all its terrifying glory
- Over 60 authentic vehicles modeled, combined into a multitude of different formations. Deploy such iconic vehicles as Leopard 2, T-72M or M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
- Smooth learning curve and high accessibility even to novice RTS players
- Refined controls that make commanding hundreds of soldiers a breeze