Popular city simulator Cities: Skylines is making the jump to console, as publisher Paradox Interactive has announced that the title is coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.
Tantalus Media will be porting the game, giving the title a new controller-based control scheme for easy play on the console. On the game’s site, Paradox Interactive gives an overview:
Cities: Skylines – Xbox One Edition puts you in charge of a growing city – from the ground-breaking of its first streets to the ever-changing needs of thousands of citizens. Design, build, and manage the city of your dreams, from public services to civic policies, and challenge yourself to grow from a simple town to a bustling metropolitan hub.
Cities: Skylines is an award-winning, best-selling management game, now available for the Xbox One with all of its robust city-simulation gameplay and unique charm along for the ride. The Xbox One Edition includes the full original game and the popular After Dark expansion, allowing players to plan and design for their cities’ nightlife and tourist attractions.
- Build the city of your dreams: Plan road networks, bus lines and parks. Bring on a smog-filled industrial revolution or create a quiet beach town ideal for tourists powered by renewable energy. Bring education, healthcare and safety to your citizens. Build it your way!
- Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Playing as the mayor of your city, you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water electricity, police, firefighting, healthcare and much more, along with your city’s economy. Citizens within your city react fluidly, keeping you on your toes with ever-evolving demands.
- Extensive local traffic simulation: Managing traffic and the needs of your citizens to work and play will require the use of several interactive transport systems – use careful road planning alongside buses, trains, subways, and much more.
- Districts and policies: Be more than just another city hall official! Create a car-free downtown area, assign free public transport to your waterfront, or ban pets in suburbia. Designate parts of your city as a district in order to set policy at the local level, and give different parts of town their own personalities.
- After Dark included: Watch your city become an entirely different place at night: a day-night cycle will have your citizens seeking out places to unwind after work. Add in new policies and zones to create popular hotspots and provide enough taxis and trains to get to and from the clubs!
Cities: Skylines – Xbox One Edition launches sometime this spring, along with the Windows 10 PC version. It’s currently unknown if the title will support Play Anywhere, Microsoft’s new Cross-Buy promotion.