Indie developer Two Star Games just released Choo-Choo Charles, their promising horror game where the giant sentient train with spider legs tries to kill you.
Choo-Choo Charles is now available for PC (via Steam). The new open world horror game has the player riding around in their little locomotive – only the main enemy is the titular Charles, a giant murderous train with robot legs.
Charles is a huge sentient abomination with a big Pennywise-like grin, huge robot legs, and its sole mission is to kill everything it sees. Players have to explore the island, do missions, upgrade their train, and eventually get enough firepower to kill Charles.
Here’s a rundown on Choo-Choo Charles, plus its launch trailer:
Navigate an open-world island in an old train, upgrade it over time, and use it to fight an evil spider train named Charles.
- Charles is a bloodthirsty train, and you need to destroy him.Navigate a massive play area in your trusty old engine.
- These winding tracks are treacherous, so you’ll need to plan each mission carefully. Be wary when traveling on foot, or switching the track’s direction; Charles might be waiting for you.Upgrade your train to fit your needs.
- Go looting or complete missions to find “Scraps”, which can be used to turn your train into a death machine on wheels.Get help from the townspeople.
- Help out the settlers in return for high powered weapons, and other items vital to Charles’ destruction.Fight Charles to the death.
- Complete the main questline, and summon Charles to a mortal duel. If you’ve gained enough strength, firepower, and skill, Charles may finally meet his match.