Yuppie Psycho developer Baroque Decay has announced their next title – Catechesis, a revival of a horror RPG they announced back in 2013.
Catechesis is in development for Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5. A release date wasn’t confirmed.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
Embrace the darkness as a demon-possessed altar boy in this Horror RPG. Explore the city, battle demons, upgrade your weapons, and embark on an unforgettable journey with unique characters and anime-style cutscenes.
Daniel, an altar boy from a fringe religion, becomes possessed by a demon. Now, every good deed he does opens a gateway to hell. He must be virtuous during the day and battle demons at night. Trying to save his grandpa’s life without dooming the world to eternal hellfire.
- Narrative: Encounter lovable characters and a rich story, complemented by anime-style cutscenes and in-game illustrations.
- Stealth: Improved stealth with sound and light detection.
- World: Experience a day and night cycle; attend school and work during the day, venture into the dungeon at night.
- Combat: Engage in slow-paced battles with primary ranged and secondary melee weapons. Utilize a twin-stick aiming system with roll evasion.
- Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in a mesmerizing score by Michael (Garoad) Kelly, known for VA-11 HALL-A and Yuppie Psycho.
- Exploration: Illuminate every corner with a flashlight or candles to uncover valuable resources, hidden paths, and ancient religious lore.