The graphics company is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Capcom as they’ve sold off all their shares.
Swordcanes recently did work on Final Fantasy XVI with character model production, Street Fighter 6 with animation, and HI-FI RUSH with production cooperation, and more.
Here’s a rundown on the new acquisition:
1. Purpose of Share Acquisition
Swordcanes strength lies in 3D computer graphics production technology in consumer home video game development and the studio has carried out work on major Capcom titles in the past. As such, Capcom decided to make the studio its wholly-owned subsidiary to sustainably bolster its developmental and technological capabilities.
Going forward, Capcom will continue to explore the acquisition of necessary technological capabilities in order to enhance its game development organization.
2. Overview of Swordcanes Studio Co., Ltd.
- Head Office: D’s VARIE Kanda Bldg., 5F, Kanda Nishifukudacho 4, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- Representative: Tetsuya Takeda
- Paid-in Capital: 8 million yen
- Date Established: May 2018
- Main Businesses: Production of 3D and 2D computer graphics related to game development, etc.
The impact on consolidated business results for the current fiscal year will be negligible.