Publisher Activision and developer Sledgehammer Games shared new trailers for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, the latest in their ongoing reboot series.
The first new trailer shows off the game’s multiplayer component while the second, short teaser trailer shows off an open beta which launches on October 6th for PlayStation users that pre-order the game and on October 8th for all PlayStation users, and at least 5 days later for all non-PlayStation platforms.
Here’s a rundown on the new info, plus the new trailers:
Building on the legacy of the Modern Warfare series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III serves as a direct sequel to last year’s record-breaking Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, and is set to deliver another blockbuster experience across Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, as well as deep integration with Call of Duty: Warzone.
As the next bold step for the Call of Duty franchise, the new premium title release includes:
- Developed by Sledgehammer Games, in partnership with Infinity Ward, the action-packed new Campaign experience marks the return of infamous villain Makarov, challenging Task 141 to fight like never before.
- In addition to signature, cinematic Call of Duty Campaign missions, Modern Warfare III introduces Open Combat Missions, a new innovation that empowers player decisions like never before.
- A massive day one Multiplayer offering, with all 16 maps from the original Modern Warfare 2 (2009), modernized with new modes, mechanics, and gameplay, including three brand-new Battle Maps and the return of War Mode!
- Developed by Treyarch, players can team up with other squads to fight hordes of the undead in the first-ever Modern Warfare Zombies experience, featuring a host of secrets to discover in an all-new open world Zombies set on the largest Call of Duty Zombies map ever.
- An all-new innovation for the franchise, players can carry-forward a vast amount of content, inventories, and weapon progression from last year’s Modern Warfare IIinto Modern Warfare III on day one.
- And much, much more!