Playtonic Friends and Awe Interactive have released a new gameplay trailer for rhythm-based roguelite BPM: Bullets Per Minute the Guerrilla Collective Showcase.
As previously reported; battle your way through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons. Shoot, dodge, move, and reload to the beat of the game’s rock opera-inspired soundtrack.
BPM features five playable characters and over 40 items and weapons that all respond to the beat in unique ways. Enemy and boss attack patterns also correlate to the beat of the music.
While the game coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One was already announced in April 2021, the new gameplay trailer shows the pulse-thumping game in action with developer commentary.
You can find the Coming to Consoles trailer below.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute is available on Windows PC (via GOG, and Steam), and 2021 on PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Fight as a mighty Valkyrie to repel the forces of the underworld from invading the world of Asgard.
In BPM, all of your actions and the actions of your enemies are tied to the beat of the music. Your enemies perform a dance-like sequence of attacks to an epic rock opera. BPM is inspired by retro shooters of the 90’s. It is fast, frenetic and rhythmical. You can double jump, dash, rocket jump and bunny hop to evade your opponents.
Your goal is to reach the end of randomly generated dungeons, collecting different weapons, abilities and items each time you play. These weapons and abilities can radically alter the way you play, making each playthrough unique.
You must defeat 7 bosses to reach the final boss. Each boss moves and attacks in a unique way that you must learn to exploit if you want to succeed. Some attacks require you to jump over fields of lava, some to dodge fast projectiles, some to hold fast for a beat.
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 5 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilize abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 40 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.