Publisher Whitethorn Games and developer Balloon Games have announced a release window for Botany Manor.
Their new exploration and puzzle game is launching sometime in spring 2024 for Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Botany Manor is an exploration-puzzle game where you play as a retired botanist called Arabella Greene.
- Botany Manor is set in the 19th century, a time of great scientific discovery.
- Explore a complete historical English manor and its grounds. There are many rooms and gardens to discover, all set inside a beautiful countryside surrounding. Botany Manor is a relaxing and peaceful environment, feel free to stop and smell the roses.
- The puzzles you solve in Botany Manor come in the shape of growing plants. Find seeds, pot them, and carry your seedlings to the right environment.
- The plants you need to grow are fussy, and finding their ideal habitat will sometimes require you to think outside the box. There are many interactive items scattered around the house that can help you achieve this.
- To figure out each plant’s habitat, you will need to gather information by inspecting clues such as botanical posters, newspapers, letters, paintings, and postcards. In Botany Manor, literally, anything you encounter can be useful for your research.
- Room by room, you learn more about the life and career of Arabella, and the challenges she faced as a woman navigating her scientific career.