Publisher Dear Villagers and developer WildArts announced a release window for Born of Bread, their new 2.5D adventure RPG.
Born of Bread is launching sometime in summer 2023 for Windows PC (via Steam).
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Beings from another age are causing havoc across the land! And with their mischief comes a great threat to everyone. The unlikeliest hero, a golem born of bread, will find himself and his newfound friends in the middle of a drama that’s thousands of years in the making. Together, they will visit incredible locals and meet fascinating characters, from the mysterious ruins of the Forest of Roots to the bustling metropolis of South Munch City. Although he may not look like much, Loaf might be the hero this land kneads.
A Sentient Bread on a Quest
Play as a flour golem who possesses a never-ending childlike wonder and a set of odd abilities in this 2.5 adventure game! Explore the different regions of a wonderful world ripe with mysteries and team up with a colorful cast of fleshed-out characters. With the help of your buddies, face off against menacing and weird baddies and engage in a fun and quirky turn-based combat system. To successfully land an attack, succeed the required button prompt and make sure you know what your enemy is weak or resistant against! Skip the enemy’s turn by defending and, with proper timing, regain Will Points, an attribute essential to perform your attacks!
- Artistic direction – Born of Bread visuals are a nice mix of 2D characters evolving in a 3D world. The environment is so made that the perspective of elements is usable and the player can move closer or further from the camera in addition to the side-scrolling of the 2D setting.
- A light-hearted storyline – Born of Bread is packed with humor and likable characters. The storyline while tackling serious topics, such as characters growth and consequences of choices, always manages to remain joyful and funny.
- A wonderful cast of buddies – Loaf quest will take him in all corners of the kingdom, where he will meet new buddies that will get onboard this adventure.
Each buddy will bring his own set of abilities to the party to help, either in combat or during exploration.
- Weapon types – Born of Bread combat system features different type of weapons with combination of physical damage type that enemies can resist & special damage type to which enemies are weak to. Find the most efficient combination to overcome villains in style.
- QTE turn-based combats – In addition to weaknesses or resistances, each type of weapon comes with a QTE that makes combats more interactive and fun.