Publisher Dear Villagers and developer WildArts Studio announced “yeastpunk” comedy RPG Born of Bread is delayed beyond its original release window.
The comedic RPG will forgo its previously planned summer release for a new release sometime this fall.
Born of Bread is planned for release across Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows (through Steam).
“We know Born of Bread is taking a little longer to bake than we expected, but it’ll be worth the wait,” said WildArts Lead Designer and Programmer Nicolas Lamarche. “The best pastries take time, and we think we wanted to create the perfect blend of RPG ingredients. We’re confident that the final dish will be delicious indeed when Born of Bread launches this Fall”.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Beings from another age are causing havoc across the land! And with their mischief comes a great threat to everyone. The unlikeliest hero, a golem born of bread, will find himself and his newfound friends in the middle of a drama that’s thousands of years in the making. Together, they will visit incredible locals and meet fascinating characters, from the mysterious ruins of the Forest of Roots to the frozen landscapes of Frosty Flats. Although he may not look like much, Loaf might be the hero this land kneads.
A Sentient Bread on a Quest
Play as a flour golem who possesses a never-ending childlike wonder and a set of odd abilities in this 2.5D adventure game! Explore the different regions of a wonderful world ripe with mysteries and team up with a colorful cast of fleshed-out characters.
With the help of your buddies, face off against menacing and weird baddies and engage in a fun and quirky turn-based combat system.
To successfully land an attack, succeed in the required button prompt and make sure you know what your enemy is weak or resistant against! Skip the enemy’s turn by defending and, with proper timing, regain Will Points, an attribute essential to perform your attacks!
- Artistic direction – A unique artistic direction. Born of Bread’s visuals are a nice mix of 2D characters evolving in a 3D world. While the camera angle is fixed like in a side-scroller, the environment features a lot of depth and players are encouraged to explore the vast levels.
- A light-hearted storyline – Born of Bread is packed with humor and likable characters. The storyline while tackling serious topics, such as characters growth and the consequences of choices, always manages to remain joyful and funny.
- A wonderful cast of buddies – Loaf quest will take him to every corners of the kingdom, where he will meet new buddies who will tag along on his adventure. Each buddy will bring their own set of abilities to the party to help, either in combat or during exploration.
- Weapon types – Born of Bread’s combat system features different type of weapons with a combination of physical damage types that enemies can resist & special damage types to which enemies are weak to. Find the most efficient combination to overcome villains in style.
- QTE turn-based combats – In addition to weaknesses and resistances, each type of weapon comes with a QTE that makes combat more interactive and fun.