Publisher Ziggurat Interactive has announced both BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped for Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.
BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped are launching for all three platforms sometime this fall, and a physical edition is planned for Switch and PS4 via Limited Run Games.
“The response to the Terminal Cut editions on PC has been tremendous,” said Michael Devine, SVP Business Development at Ziggurat Interactive. “Fans of the series are asking for us to bring BloodRayne to more platforms, and we are happy to give console players the update they have been asking for with these ReVamped editions.”
Here’s a rundown on the games:
BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped are enhanced editions of the original games for console players.
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.
Updated Features of the ReVamped Editions:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2: Voiced audio in English and Russian. Localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.