Publisher Devolver Digital and developer more8bit announced a release date for Bleak Sword DX.
The newly enhanced re-release of the dark fantasy ARPG is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch on June 8th.
Bleak Sword was originally released for Apple Arcade back in September 2019.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Bleak Sword DX
Pure, thrilling, and wonderfully cruel, Bleak Sword DX is a dark fantasy action game challenging warriors to fight their way through compact, cursed diorama battlefields.
Newly updated for PC, Bleak Sword DX expands on the critically acclaimed Apple Arcade version with elegant controls, three new game modes, and multiple gameplay and graphical improvements.
Through twelve tense and deeply atmospheric chapters, you must lift the curse of the legendary Bleak Sword by striking down all manner of horrifying creatures across an oppressive world wielding fierce weaponry and powerful magic.
This striking experience is scored by award-winning composer Jim Guthrie, with sound provided by famed designer Joonas Turner.
- BRUTAL NEW CHAPTERS – DX includes all original Bleak Sword chapters plus the three DLC chapters complete with new level and enemy layouts.
- UNPREDICTABLE ADVENTURE – A brand new Randomizer campaign modifier throws you into a remixed version of the original game where leveling up or facing bosses in order is not guaranteed.
- UNTOUCHABLE – Jump into the brand new Boss Run gauntlet and face all 12 in-game bosses back to back with only one health bar. Make one wrong step and prepare to pay dearly!
- ENDLESS BATTLES – The soul-crushing Arena mode throws you into a gladiator-style fight for survival. Fight increasingly difficult enemies and become a Bleak Sword legend.
- DYNAMIC GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS – New attacks, parries, and counters complement a streamlined control system designed specifically for PC & console, while enhanced enemy AI makes them more unpredictable.
- STUNNING GRAPHICAL ENHANCEMENTS – New post-processing effects, adaptive depth of field, and a series of filters give Bleak Sword DX a fresh lick of paint, while particle effects, foliage, and weather enhancements bring a new level of atmosphere and immersion to the world.