Daum Games has announced they’re launching the first western beta test for Black Desert Online next month, on December 16th.
The beta will kick off at 7AM UTC, and will run until December 22nd, at 7AM UTC.
Alongside the news of the beta’s date is that a new class is being added to the game – the Tamer. The Tamer will be available at launch, during the game’s full release sometime early next year.
“With the support of Heilang, the divine beast, the Tamer can perform ruthless combination attacks or take enemies down on their own, by borrowing divine forces,” said Daum Games. “Though innocent at heart, the Tamer is able to channel their passion into a powerful fury that will sweep past any obstacle.”
Daum Games shared a list of all the improvements added to the game, since its alpha:
- Improved character customization, including 30 new skin tones, 40 new hair colors, new beards, and a bald option for male characters
- Improved balance of character classes
- Improved weather cycles, including darker and occasionally stormy nights and lanterns that can be purchased from NPCs to help players in the dark
- Newly enabled features such as the much requested walking mode and more
- Adjustment of HP Potions to improve the PvP challenges
- Fully localized English text
- Level cap set to 50.99% with PVP unlocked at level 30
During the beta, you’ll be able to choose from the Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, and Wizard. Daum Games is also adding the Calpheon region in the beta.