Indie developer Lucid Dreams Studio has announced a release date for BIOMORPH, their Kirby and soulslike metroidvania game.
BIOMORPH is launching on March 4th for Windows PC (via Steam), with console ports across Xbox Series X|S, Switch, and PS5 sometime later.
An extended demo is also now available over on the game’s Steam page, letting players enjoy an hour and a half. It includes a boss battle and “many secrets to uncover.”
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Plunge into the unknown as you embrace the world of BIOMORPH, a metroidvania with a twist. Play as Harlo, one of the only surviving creatures of their species. Harlo’s abilities allow them to transform into any fallen enemy and absorb their powers. Creatures of different shapes and sizes add to your arsenal: run faster, burst through locked doors or fire explosive projectiles to take down a difficult boss all by biomorphing into the right creature. Strategy is key to your success on Ilios.
Bash, slide, shoot and embody your enemies. You will have the freedom to optimize your buildout for your adventure. Utilize your varied skill set to take on challenging enemies that evolve alongside you. Use the assorted strength and traversal abilities of the creatures you absorb to solve puzzles, unlock new areas and defeat new enemies. Master your ability to BIOMORPH to face combat and platforming challenges with ease.
Journey into Ilios and discover the secrets it holds. Fight optional bosses, meet interesting citizens and rebuild the city of Blightmoor. You will explore ancient ruins, abandoned villages and underground complexes as Harlo, journeying deeper to uncover what caused the mysterious cataclysm on Ilios
- Become Your Enemy: Play as the enemies by killing them and taking their shape. You will be able to use their skills to fight other enemies or use their powers to navigate in uncharted territories. Who never dreamt of using sneaky or powerful monsters to beat up other foes?
- They Learn Your Ways: Fight your way through a challenging AI system where previously mimicked creatures unlock new powers to create a unique experience while revisiting areas of the game. Watch out and choose wisely which creatures to biomorph!
- Choose Your Weapons: Choose your fighting style by using an arsenal of melee and range weapons, each of them having its own upgrade trees, to bash and shoot enemies. Create different builds in support of your play style by equipping and mixing different unique skills that you can upgrade.
- Explore a Vast World: Explore a vast non-linear, interconnected world composed of 16 different environments, home of optional boss fights, eccentric NPCs, tons of secrets and upgrades to reward the most daring explorer.
- City Customization: Rebuild the city of Blightmoor and befriend the townspeople, learning more about both their and the town’s origins. Customize the look of the city to have a unique experience and to feel at home.