Redstone Interactive’s multiplayer WWI FPS Beyond The Wire has left early access.
Beyond The Wire first entered early access in late 2020, and has now received its full release on Windows PC via Steam.
Beyond The Wire is a tactical team-based FPS set in the muddy and bloody trenches of the Great War. Fight for 10 nations spread across the Central Powers and Entente in 50vs50 battles where every member of your team has their own role to play in the war effort. The game is focused heavily on team-based tactics and coordination, with players assigned to squads and each side having a battlefield commander.
Along with dozens of historical firearms, tanks, and artillery, Beyond The Wire also has a melee system. The game features a variety of melee weapons like shovels, cudgels, and bayonets, as well as parry mechanics.
You can find the launch trailer below:
You can find a rundown on the game below:
Beyond The Wire is a large-scale multiplayer first-person shooter immersing players in the frantic and bloody Western Front of the Great War. Utilizing both period-appropriate guns and a more tactical close-quarters melee combat system, the action in Beyond The Wire is more comprehensive than anything seen in a WW1 game to date.
- Massive Multiplayer Action – In battles with up to 100 real-world combatants, players are split into two 50 person teams with each team broken into nine person squads and a commander overseeing the battle. Players have to communicate tactics with the rest of their squad as they contend with enemy emplacements, large open maps, and claustrophobic trenches to survive the brutal scale of action soldiers faced on the front lines of the Great War.
- Team-focused Gameplay – Coordinate and chat with your fellow soldiers-at-arms! Beyond The Wire places an emphasis on team collaboration. Call out enemy positions, share on-the-fly tactics, warn teammates about incoming fire—succeed and survive as a squad.
- Choose Your Role and Faction – Battle as soldiers from ten different factions drawn from both the Central Powers and Entente factions. Each faction has their own equipment, vehicles, and available maps, providing a wide variety of experiences to choose from. Your role can mean the difference between victory and death for your side and your squad. Choose to lead as Infantry Officer or take your place in the unit as a Rifleman, Medic, Grenadier, Sniper, Artillery Gunner, or other classes with their own loadout.
- Tank Warfare – Heavy metal arrives on the battlefield. Era-specific vehicles including the British MK. IV, Canadian Armoured Autocar, German Sturmpanzerwagen A7V, and more are available to select factions.
- Historically Inspired Weapons – Weapons in Beyond The Wire are created with an emphasis on historical accuracy, with minor changes made only to create a more engaging and fun gameplay experience. While Beyond The Wire is not a simulation game, we strive for as much accuracy as possible while still ensuring a fun experience for a wide range of players.
- Brutal Melee Combat – Melee combat adds one last brutal option to the arsenal of choices players have at their disposal. Beyond The Wire’s melee system gives players a wide variety of weapons including cludgels, bayonets, and more to add to the realistic portrayal of World War 1 combat. A new parry system adds to the tension by opening up split seconds to counter strike an incoming melee attack.
- Cinematic Vistas – Ten massive, beautifully crafted maps provide a rich playing environment filled with trenches and emplacements that emphasize tactical and strategic challenges. Are you up to the challenge of no man’s land? With tight corners, waves of bayonets, and incoming artillery fire on all sides, Beyond The Wire shows off trench warfare at its worst.
- Graphic Imagery – Beyond The Wire includes violence and gore as expected from a military war game based on historical events.