Pokemon Trainers, The “A Valorous Hero” event is currently underway in Pokemon Go. The Valorous Hero event will run from Thursday, May 11, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at 8:00 p.m. local time. During the event, trainers will be able to battle against Tapu Fini and Mega Pinsir and potentially encounter their shiny variations if victorious; this is the debut of Mega Pinsir in Pokemon Go. Mega Pinsir will be available in Mega Raids from May 11th to May 24th.\
Trainers who play the game during the event will receive 2X catch candy, two free raid passes per day, and two times the mystery components from Rocket encounters. By completing the Special Research story – A Valorous Hero, trainers will encounter a Ponyta wearing a Candela-themed accessory (Valor). Additionally, trainers will have the chance to battle against The Elite Regidrago Raid once again after the buddy Regidrago and Regieleki Elite Raid Days back in March.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the best Regidrago raid counters:
Best Regidrago raid counters in Pokemon Go
Regidrago Raid Stats
- Regidrago is a Dragon-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Dragon, Ice, and Fairy-type moves.
- Regidrago’s Raid CP is
- Regidrago’s Base HP is 400
- Its Attack is 202 and Defense is 101
- The Base catch CP is between 1614 CP – 1699 CP
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2017 CP – 2124 CP
- It is Weather Boosted by Windy or Cloudy weather
- Its fast moves can be Bite
- Its Charged moves can be Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse, or Outrage
Regidrago Raid Counters
Going into the Regidrago raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high attack stats. Overall, Regidrago is a tanky Dragon-type Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and below average defense stat.
The raid can be completed by a team of 5 to 8 trainers; a team of 8 to 12 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 12 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Salamence, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Glalie will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Dragon, Ice, or Fairy-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Electric, Fire, Water, or Grass-Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Dragon Types & Moves:
- Mega Salamence – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Latias – Dragon Breath & Outrage
- Gyarados – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Dialga – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Garchomp – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath & Outrage
Alternate Dragon Types:
- Mega Latios – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Sceptile – Fury Cutter & Dragon Claw
- Mega Charizard X – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Primal Groudon – Dragon Tail & Precipice Blades
- Rayquaza – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Palkia – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Haxorus – Dragon Tail & Dragon Claw
- Dragonite – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
Primary Fairy Types & Moves:
- Mega Gardevoir – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Zacian – Snarl & Play Rough
- Togekiss – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Mega Altaria – Dragon Breath & Dazzling Gleam
- Alakazam – Confusion & Dazzling Gleam
- Banette – Shadow Claw & Dazzling Gleam
Primary Ice Types & Moves:
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder & Weather Ball
- Weavile – Ice Shard & Avalanche
- Galarian Damanitan – Avalanche & Ice Fang
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Glaceon – Frost Breath & Avalanche
- Avalugg – Ice Fang & Avalanche
Alternate Ice Types
- Mega Glalie – Frost Breath & Avalanche
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Ice Beam
- Beartic – Powder Snow & Ice Punch
- Articuno – Frost Breath & Ice Beam
- Kyurem – Dragon Breath & Blizzard
- Walrein – Powder Snow & Icicle Spear
- Cloyster – Ice Shard & Avalanche
- Kyurem – Dragon Breath & Blizzard
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Trainers will be able to participate in the Regidrago only on May 13th, 2023 with eggs hatching at 11 AM, 2 PM, and 5 PM local time. Trainers will still be able to battle in the Tapu Fini or Mega Pinsir raids during the event, however, those raids will be available until May 24th, unlike the Regidrago Raid. On May 24th, Regigigas and Mega Altaria will take their place and offer shiny variations.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.