The Mega Blaziken Raid makes its debut during the Pokemon Go Mega Hoenn Raid day.
The Pokemon Go Hoenn Mega Raid Day welcomes three new Mega pokemon to Pokemon Go. During the event, Mega Blaziken, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Swampert make their Go debut. From 2 PM to 5 PM local time, these three Mega Pokemon will spawn in abundance replacing Virizion and Mega Abomasnow.
Pokemon Go trainers can purchase the Mega Hoenn Raid Day pass to have the benefits last until 10 PM local time. Be aware, the shiny variants will also be available to catch during the event, if you are lucky.
Now let’s dive into the best Blaziken raid counters.
Best Mega Blaziken raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Blaziken Raid Stats
- Mega Blaziken is a Fire, Fighting-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Psychic, Ground, Water, and Flying-type moves.
- Mega Blaziken Raid CP is 44147
- Mega Blaziken’s Base HP is 190
- Its Attack is 329 and its Defense is 168
- The Base catch CP is between 1,550 to 1,627
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1,938 to 2,034
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny or Cloudy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Counter or Fire Spin
- Its Charged moves can be Blaze Kick, Overheat, Focus Blast, or Brave Bird
Mega Blaziken Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Blaziken raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves or defensive stats. Overall, Mega Blaziken is one of the hardest hitting Mega Pokemon from the Hoenn trio. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and low defensive stats.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 4 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Blastoise, or Mega Alakazam will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Bug, Dark, Fire, Grass, Ice, or Steel-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Bug, Dark, Fire, Grass, Ice, or Steel-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Flying Types:
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust & Brave Bird
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Rayquazza – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Yveltal – Gust & Hurricane
- Honchkrow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Staraptor – Wing Attack & Brave Bird
Alternative Flying Types:
- Tornadus – Gust & Hurricane
- Braviary – Air Slash & Brave Bird
- Galarian Articuno – Psycho Cut & Brave Bird
- Unfezant – Air Slash & Sky Attack
- Kartana – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
- Toucannon – Peck & Drill Peck
- Ho-OH – Incinerate & Brave Bird
- Togekiss – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
Primary Water Types:
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
- Swampert – Water Gun & Surf
- Vaporeon – Water Gun & Water Pulse
- Milotic – Waterfall & Surf
Primary Psychic Types:
- Mega Alakazam – Confusion & Psychic
- Hoopa Unbound – Confusion & Psychic
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Psystrike
- Latios – Zen Headbutt & Psychic
- Latias – Zen Headbutt & Psychic
- Lunala – Confusion & Psychic
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you wait to take on the Legendary Virizion raid? If so, will you try to get a shiny Virizion? At the moment, it is uncertain if the Hoenn Mega Raid Day Mega Pokemon will be available after the event. Keep an eye out for our Mega Swampert, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Blaziken raids during the event.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news